Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • St Neots
  • Back Forward
A three-story brick building with a Connells estate agency office at street level, beside an archway labeled Fishers Yard.

26 Market Square, St Neots (RGL2024)

26 Market Square, St Neots

History of 26 Market Square

Listed Building

C19 earlier-mid. 3 storeys. Double fronted with 5 windows.

House of G C Gorham who wrote first history of St Neots and Eynes bury published 1820. In 1904 house was described as having a brass foundry at the rear; the previous occupant was George Bower, ironfounder.

A row of Georgian-style brick buildings in St Neots with sash windows, two arched carriage entrances, and For Sale signs.

26 Market Square, St Neots 1904

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • St Neots

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

St Neots

Dormers, 51 High Street, Meldreth

15 Northampton Street

Ley Farmhouse, Dullingham Ley Road

1 High Street, St Neots

9 High Street, New Inn, St Neots

Brook Street cottages

Green End, St Neots

St Neots Museum, Police Station and Gaol

77 Huntingdon Street, The Globe

64 High Street, St Neots

St Neots Priory graveyard

Islands Common, St Neots

Wisteria House, Huntingdon Street, St Neots