Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Mill Road Area Cambridge
  • /
  • Mill Road
  • Back Forward

32 Mill Road, Taybank

History of 32 Mill Road

1899

An 1899 printed advertisement for Mathers jeweller showing a figure riding a bicycle with clock-face wheels next to text.

21 Mill Road, advert 1899

1901

Thomas Alexander Mathers, 49, watchmaker, b Scotland

1913

Mathers and Son, watchmakers and jewellers

Thomas Mathers, Councillor of the Borough

1962

Dipple and Conway, opticians

Alfred C Ashman

1995

Cafe CB1. Opened by Daniel Sturdy, it was said to be one of the first internet cafes in the UK. It closed in 2015.

2016

Tom’s Cakes

A bright lime-green shop front on Mill Road with a person sitting on a small chair outside and a bicycle parked alongside.

32 Mill Road, 2022, photo David Gent

Tags

  • Building of Local Interest

Projects

  • Mill Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Mill Road

Jesus College boat house

45 St Barnabas Road, Wingfield

11 Portugal Street

285 Mill Road

330 Mill Road

334 Mill Road

312 Mill Road

53 Mill Road (11) (13 Pulling Terrace)

86 Mill Road

151 Mill Road / 3 Geldart Terrace

documents

The Mill, [42 – 68] Mill Road, Cambridge

203 Mill Road

309 – 317 Mill Road