Search by topic
Search by text
History of Netherfield House
- N R Lawrie, MB ChB PhD, Hon. Clin. Biochemist Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Sidney Mason
- Mrs E M Cooper
- Miss E W Birks and Miss E Garratt
Norman Risborough Lawrie was born in 1905. He graduated in medicine from Liverpool University in 1928. He joined the school of biochemistry in Cambridge and in 1935 took his PhD as a member of Emmanuel College. He had a long association with Addenbrooke’s hospital particularly the John Bonnett Biochemical Laboratory. He died December 1959 (from BMJ obituary).
- Norman R Lawrie, b 1905, clinical biochemist; Joan, b 1910, Red Cross, WVS Evacuation); Georg Botsiber, b 1897, clinical biochemist
- Esther Simon, b 1895; ?.
- Alfred F W Cavalier, b 1905, tyre manufacturers salesman (ARP warden); Rose A, b 1907,
- Eunice W Berks, b 1898, school mistress (air warden); Elizabeth Garratt, b 1892, school mistress (air warden)
In 2016 this building was used by Clare College for graduate accomodation.