Search by topic
Search by text
12 Bridge Street, The George Inn
History of 12 Bridge Street
1959 Royal Commission on Historical Monuments Survey of Cambridge: built c. 1600. It was refashioned and probably heightened in the 19th cent. In modern times the ground floor has been cleared and a garage-entrance made through it.
At some point, the George Inn.
Allen & Welcher, plumbers, glaziers and ironmongers
(10-15) P H Allin & Sons, motor engineers
(12) Frederick E Turkentine
Unit A 12-16 Bridge Street
1977-2003 Edinburgh Woollen Mill
2003-current Byron Hamburgers
Unit B 12-16 Bridge Street
1977-2002 First Quench Retailing (combined unit of A+B)
2003-current Bella Italia