Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • King's Parade
  • Back Forward
The brick facade of 5 King's Parade features sash windows, a blue shopfront with a sale sign, and an adjacent yellow shop.

5 King’s Parade

History of 5 King's Parade

1851

Harriett Rushbrook, widow, 50, lodging house keeper, b Cambridge

1913

Typewriting Bureau, F D Sell, manager

1924

Percy Ashman started work here. In 1981 (CWN 2nd April) he recalled that in the 1920s most of ‘the boys’ used to wear grey flannel bags which cost 35s a pair. They used a lot of material and Mr Plenderleith was determined to phase them out. “He made an extra wide pair for a newspaperman called Lightening who used to go round the town shouting his head off. That killed them off with undergraduates.”

1962

George Plenderleith, tailors

1981

Cambridge Classical Records

2018

Nomads

Projects

  • King's Parade

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

King's Parade

King’s Parade

White Horse Tavern, Cambridge

6 King’s Parade

19 King’s Parade

7 – 8 King’s Parade

11 King’s Parade

2 King’s Parade

12 King’s Parade

10 King’s Parade

16 Kings’s Parade