Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

7 – 8 King’s Parade

History of 7 - 8 King's Parade

1913

(7) Alfred Henry Sadd, numismatist, antiquary and jeweller

(8) Henry Edward Greef, plumber and decorator

Miss Jackson

Frank Carr, barrister

G Morier-Hinde

17/4/1914: The unhappy conjunction of the name Sadd and Greef on King’s Parade has been a well-worn joke. Now it is about to be broken. Mr Sadd is soon to move to premises in St Edward’s Passage while Mr Greef is moving further up the Parade. The Sadds began business last century as dealer in antiques and a hairdresser in one of a row of old-fashioned houses standing in front of King’s College. When the cottages were pulled down they moved opposite. His son made a sketch of the old houses (Cam.News)

1962

C P Stockbridge Ltd, antique & fine art dealers

2018

Lawson Gallery

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.