Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Junkers 88A (Wikipedia)

Ram Yard

History of Ram Yard

Michael Bower Air Raid! pub. 1986 was an eye witness to the bombing by a Ju88A on 27th July 1942.

Gone first was the ‘Blue Barn’ Restaurant, an aged two storey building in Ram Yard removed by a 250 kg HE.

…………

1913:

North Side

  1. Joseph A Prizborsky, hairdresser
  2.  Henry Harvey, gasfitter an bellhanger workshops
  3. ditto
  4. James Walter Mansfield, cab driver
  5. Harry Graveling, bricklayer
  6. Richard King, bootmaker
  7. Mrs Balls
  8. A Newman

Here is Park Street

Lincolne and Son’s and Holden’s Stables

Campkin’s Stores

10. Frederick Sam Riggs, University billiard rooms

12. –

13a. H Harvey, workshops

13b. S Fulcher, cabinet maker, undertaker

W J Ison, cycle store rooms

A W Barker, French polisher and upholsterer

13. Alfred H Wilson, compositor

14. Barber and Co, printers

15. Mrs Werrey, The Ram Inn

16. Bros. Denson, tailor and robe maker

J H Priest, picture dealer

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.