Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Whittlesey
  • Back Forward
A light-colored brick building with a dark plinth, featuring sash windows, a central arched doorway, and hanging signage marked B.

The Letter ‘B’, Church Street, Whittlesey

The Letter ‘B’, London Street, Whittlesey

History of The Letter 'B'

1874 owned by James Setchfield

1904 taken over by brewers Paten and Co

1913 landlord Walter Adler

1925 Alexander Robertson landlord


Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Whittlesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Whittlesey

The Tiger, Red Lion Inn, High Street, Cottenham

King’s Head, Gracious Street, Whittlesey

St George and the Dragon, Great Shelford

Market Place, Whittlesey

The Falcon, Whittlesey

The Packhorse, West End, Whittlesey

Whittlesey (Whittlesea) Mere

Pillbox, Dog-In-A-Doublet, Whittlesey

Wheatsheaf, Eastgate, Whittlesey

George (and Star) Hotel and Whyle’s Malthings, Whittlesey

Anchor Inn, East Delph, Whittlesey

Bricklayers’ Arms, Scaldgate, Whittlesey

The Old George, Queen Street, Whittlesey