Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
Black and white street scene featuring the Steward and Patteson pub on the right and industrial buildings to the left.

North Street Wisbech 1957 looking west

Admiral Nelson (Rodney), 16 North Street, Wisbech

History of the Admiral Nelson

1795 John Wrangle, merchant, owned public house, formerly Rodney by now Admiral Nelson

1810 William Watson, author of ‘History of Wisbech’ and owner of Phillips  (Elgoods) Brewery.

1846 George Jennings

John Stoving

James Johnson

Henry Huggins

John Coulman

Herby Wright

Robert Roughton

George Hackney

George & Eliza Jarvis

Herbert Bedford

1914 licence removed under Compensation Act

Watch an clock repair shop

(source: The Inns and Taverns of Wisbech – a survey from the earliest times to 1950 by Arthur Artis Oldham, 1993)

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

The Ivy Green, Swaffham Bulbeck

The Hoops, Great Eversden

The Globe, 52 Market Place, Wisbech

5 The Crescent, Wisbech

37 North Brink, Wisbech

Globe Inn, Wisbech

Elm Road Crossing tram stop, nr Wisbech

Rose and Crown, Market Place, Wisbech

Brinke House, 56 North Brink, Wisbech

54 Market Place, Wisbech

Boars Head, Church Terrace, Wisbech

Empire Theatre, Blackfriars Road, Wisbech

High Street, Wisbech