Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

13 King’s Parade

History of 13 King's Parade

Listed building

C19. 4 storeys, 3 windows. Red brick, long and short stone quoins. Gable with ornamental bargeboards. Sash windows. Modern shop front on ground floor. All the listed buildings on the East Side of King’s Parade form a group.

1851

William Brown, 57, tailor and robe maker, b Norfolk

1872

At the end of 1872, the tailoring and robe-making firm of Brown and Sons was in financial difficulties. Josiah Chater was appointed receiver and James Osbourn and Alfred Chater looked over the premises and decided to expand their Market Hill business there and use it as accommodation for James Osbourn.

1913

James Osbourn, tailor and robemaker

Alexander Barham Osbourn

1962

A E Clothier, outfitter

Ernest A Kinsey

2018

King’s College Visitor Centre

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.