24 Bridge Street
History of 24 Bridge Street
The early history of this site is from T E Faber, An Intimate History of St Clement’s Parish, 2006
c. 1314: Robert Tuylet as a tenant of Barnwell Priory in succession to Walter de Horseheath
c.1355: held on lease by Guy de Repham
1382: known as ‘Roundhalle’. May have been used as lodging hall for students.
1443: tenement of Thomas Camp, owned by Barnwell Priory
1478: let to William Dak at rent of 2s 6d
1565: lease issued for 21 years at rent of 20s
mid 17th cent: tenant for Alderman John Lukin. Lukin was probably a brewer. House was probably Black Swan alehouse and let to Mr Purchas.
J S Moore & Son, cab proprietors
Samuel Lee, ladies hairdresser